Championship Triathlon Training
5 NCSF CEUs
The Championship Triathlon Training Course teaches you the advanced conditioning and programming concepts used by today’s elite triathletes. Within this program you will learn how to incorporate physiology, biomechanics, nutrition, and injury prevention into your regimen in order to address the specific needs and demands of competition. Specifically, all of the following topics will be addressed:
- Use Weight training, plyometrics, and core development to accelerate skill development in all phases of swimming, running, and cycling.
- Apply metabolic training to improve endurance and race speed.
- Combine sport-specific skills, such as mounting and dismounting, with metabolic training to improve transition times between phases.
- Develop more efficient movement patterns for increased performance potential and reduced incidences of injury.
- Assess health and physical status to avoid overtraining.
Complete with sample programs for each triathlon distance, technique analysis, training- and race-specific fueling strategies, and tips for motivation, focus, and goal setting, the Championship Triathlon Training course will optimize your training and maximize your results.
Chapter 1. Essential Training Elements and Guidelines
Chapter 2. Training the Mind
Chapter 3. Assessing and Improving Technique
Chapter 4. Training for Strength and Muscular Balance
Chapter 5. Complex Speed and Endurance Training
Chapter 6. Race-Specific Training and Strategy
Chapter 7. Creating a Long-Term Training Program
Chapter 8. Race-Specific Training Programs
Chapter 9. Health and Fueling for Optimal Performance